At Emburse our mission is to help make our users’ lives – and their businesses – better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users’ time, so they can focus on what matters most – their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO’s give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups and SMBs to enterprises such as Microsoft, Pinterest, Bosch, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Estee Lauder. We have more than 18,000 customers and 12 million users globally.
About the Team
Engineers at Emburse take pride in the quality of their craftsmanship. We bring our best to work knowing that the rest of the company depends upon our success to build momentum within an already fast-growing business. At the same time, we value work-life balance (with required minimum vacation) and set aside time for building team camaraderie.
We have remote-first engineering teams that support a hybrid model of work if desired and convenient with in-office collaboration at several locations across North America and Europe.
What you'll do:
- Author technical specifications for product changes and design software architecture
- Deliver quality software, which requires building features, resolving bugs, and scaling infrastructure
- Use test-driven development to write maintainable code with reusable components
- Improve infrastructure via a continuous focus on framework modernization
- Serve as the technical lead for large, impactful projects
- Mentor teammates
What we're looking for:
- We look, first and foremost, for passion in engineering. Regardless of what qualifications you may have, this enthusiasm will have you bonding with the team and picking up skills quickly. With that said, for this position specifically, we recommend that candidates have...
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or have equivalent years’ experience)
- Proficiency in at least one OOP language
- Experience designing and consuming data from RESTful APIs
- Experience maintaining structured data using relational databases
- Minimum of 6-years experience building and deploying software
Our Tech Stack:
Platform Services Team - Python + Django / Chalice (Serverless Microframework)
Front-end Services Team - React / Redux
Mobile Solutions Team - Swift for iOS / Java for Android / React Native
Enterprise Solutions Team - Java + Spring F ramework
Expense Solutions Team - C# / VB.NET + .NET Framework / Azure
How We Hire
We value great candidate experiences and commit to providing a transparent interview process and responsive communication. Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short technical screening, after which interviews are scheduled with several engineers at Emburse. During the interview process, you'll have the opportunity to speak openly with engineers about their experiences working at the company. We're productive with decisions and usually complete the interview process with a candidate within two weeks.
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.