Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Data Reliability Engineering
The Data Reliability Engineering team is passionate about building reliable and efficient software. We provide real time support to Xero’s customer facing applications and now, as we scale up Xero’s data platforms, have started developing world class tooling too.
About the role:
We need 2 senior engineers to join us in tackling the unique challenges of working at Xero’s worldwide scale. We have roles open for both Software Engineers (C#, .net) and Database Engineers (Postgres, SQL) in New Zealand.
You will ap
When you join Accurate Background, you’re an integral part of making every hire the start of a success story. Your contributions will help us fulfill our mission of advancing the background screening experience through visibility and insights, empowering our clients to make smarter, unbiased decisions.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle. This individual will lead the development efforts and closely work with the product manager to understand the requirements, be a hands-on developer up to 50% and own the deployments and post-go-live support. Will also is responsible to help other developers, take care of the designs for new features and work collaboratively in case of any challenging problems and also work closely with the QA and other development teams to provide customer-centric solutions and build a world-class web application platform to meet the exploding growth of the company and business demands.
- Can lead scrum teams and drive scrum processes
- Produce detailed technical diagrams and architectural plans
- Mentor junior developers
- Promote code ownership
- Provide recommendations on software solutions
- Implement production-ready software solutions following best standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Support build and deployment activities for application deployments
- Participate in all scrum or kanban activities
- Validate business and technical requirements
- Troubleshoot production issues and provide recommendations for resolution
- Monitor application performance
- Create and maintain technical documentations
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 6+ years of web application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience using the following technologies: Angular (Preferably latest versions), .Net Core, AWS, MySQL and/or SQL Server, and JSON
- Working proficiency in .NET, C#, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, TypeScript, RESTful APIs, DB, and SQL
- At least 1 year of experience leading a team size of 5+ developers
- Deep familiarity with modern web application technologies & frameworks
- Experience architecting and developing enterprise integrations systems
- Develop, build, deploy, and monitor Tools such as Jenkins, Kibana, and Datadog
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
$101,250 - $155,000 a year
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $101,250 - $155,000. Pay will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and relevant education and training. This position may also be eligible for an annual performance-based bonus, commission, or other variable pay plan. The Company also offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, and 401k. Your recruiter can share more details about the specific compensation package during the hiring process.
The Accurate Way:
We offer a fun, fast-paced environment, with lots of room for growth. We have an unwavering commitment to diversity, ensuring everyone has a complete sense of belonging here. To do this, we follow four guiding principles – Take Ownership, Be Open, Stay Curious, Work as One – core values that dictate what we stand for, and how we behave.
Be accountable for your actions, your team, and the company. Accept responsibility willingly, especially when it’s what’s best for our customers. Give others every reason to trust you, believe in you, and count on you. Rise to every occasion with your personal best.
Be open to new ideas. Be inclusive of people and ways of doing things. Make yourself accessible and approachable, and communicate with genuineness, transparency, honesty, and respect. Embrace differences.
Stay curious even as you move forward. Tirelessly ask questions and challenge the status quo in your pursuit of new ideas, ways to solve problems, and to continually grow and improve.
Work as one.
Work together to create the best customer and workplace experience. Put our customers and employees first—before individual or departmental agendas. Make sure they get the help they need to succeed.
About Accurate Background:
Accurate Background’s vision is to make every hire the start of a success story. As a trusted provider of employment background screening and workforce monitoring services, Accurate Background gives companies of all sizes the confidence to make smarter, unbiased hiring decisions at the speed of demand. Experience a new standard of support with a dedicated team, comprehensive technology and insight, and the most extensive coverage and search options to advance your business while keeping your brand and people safe.
Accurate is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ply your skills to understand and address the challenges faced by our customers, and to drive the development of applications and tools that improve the scalability and performance of Xero as a whole. We are looking for people who relish the chance to help grow those around them, through constructive input into architectural decisions and technical guidance & mentoring to other developers.
If you enjoy flexibility in the way you work, and diving into difficult engineering problems while having the freedom to solve them creatively, this is the role for you.
What you'll bring with you:
- C#, .net, Postgres, SQL, AWS
- Self-awareness and growth mindset
- Openness to learning from failure
- Honesty, transparency and encouraging of feedback
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Customer and product focus
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive culture and upholding Xero’s values
Lots of perks, some of which include:
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave - 3 days over the end of year close-down), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. We also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Employee Share Plan - own a part of Xero!
- Full subsidised health, life, income protection and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Career Development - grow and develop your skills in exciting and challenging projects using latest tech, training budgets, gain knowledge from world class engineering leaders and peers.
- Great culture and flexible working environment - hybrid and permanent remote options with modern, ergonomic, sit to stand workstations, unwind at weekly Xero socials, fresh fruit, fizzy drinks, barista quality coffee, casual dress and more.
- Check out all the employee benefits, discounts, and perks in one place with our Xero Crew app.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.