Confused.com is the UK’s first comparison platform for car insurance. We’ve been helping customers since 2002 by empowering them to make better decisions around insurance and financial services. Our mission is simple: take away the confusion when comparing financial products and services to help you save time and money.
We’re part of RVU, a group of online brands (including Uswitch, Tempcover and Money.co.uk) that empowers people to make confident decisions across a range of household services.
We have an exciting vacancy for a talented Software Engineer to join our team and primarily work on the backend of one of our customer facing systems. As a Software Engineer here, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, using cutting-edge tech systems to develop and improve our services. We are creating the next generation of comparison platforms, and as we scale we are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences to facilitate switching and comparisons on the web.
Confused.com is dedicated to not only saving our customers time and money, but investing in the people who work for us, we are passionate about helping our employees succeed and take their careers to the next level, investing in you and the technologies available to you, to enable this.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing scalable, maintainable and testable software solutions
- Writing clean and efficient code using a variety of programming languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product owners, and designers, and QA engineers, to determine technical and functional requirements.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise during software development and implementation.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development.
- Communicate progress and feedback with stakeholders, including management and project teams.
Good experience with multiple programming languages, with a preference for .Net Core/C#
Experience with one or more of XML/JSON/XSLT/XPath
Exposure to cloud technology (we use Azure)
Strong understanding of software development principles, such as agile methodology, testing, continuous integration and deployment, and version control
Ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using best practices
Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
We want to give you a great work environment. We want to contribute to both your personal and professional development, and give you great benefits to make your time at Confused.com even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working, and a “Work from Home” budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Annual leave of 25 days (excluding bank holidays) which will increase with length of service (up to a maximum of 30 days) and additional leave options, including 2 extra days of 'my time'
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Simply Health Scheme and access to the Calm app.
- Regular events - company-wide events with insightful external speakers as we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Private medical scheme
- Confused.com is proud to have been officially recognised as a 2022 UK’s Best Workplace™ and as a 2022 UK’s Best Workplace™ for Wellbeing in the Large size category!