We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead a highly effective, cross disciplined team that delivers world-class customer experiences across a variety of different applications and services. The Senior Software Engineer will be well versed in modern software engineering practices and is able to effectively balance trade offs between scalability, durability, and
maintenance as they occur in practice. They are comfortable taking on significant platform operational duties and are well versed in cloud technologies.
A successful Senior Software Engineer thrives in a team environment. They are the champions of efficient processes and a healthy culture. They consistently drive successful outcomes for themselves, their teams, and their customers.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- Able to translate business objectives into technical requirements and implementation details.
- Able to navigate complex technical systems and understand how they depend on each other.
- Contribute to engineering standards and process refinements.
- Collaborate closely with team members from product, design, engineering, and other internal stakeholders.
- Design, implement, and operate complex software applications that are scalable, durable, and performant.
- Support and troubleshoot issues with existing systems, including incident response.
- Assist with platform operations, deployments, and code reviews.
- Mentor, coach, and level up engineering team members.
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and trends to ensure our engineering practices and services are continuously evolving to better meet the needs of our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and the tools that support them.
- A self-starter, with a proven track record of outstanding contributions to engineering and product teams.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical design and software engineering skills.
The following qualifications, while not required, will be highly valued:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services, specifically: RDS/Aurora, S3, OpenSearch, ElastiCache, ALBs, Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
- Previous experience leading software engineering teams.
- Previous experience in FinTech, particularly payments.