Presto Automation Inc. (NASDAQ: PRST) is a public company in voice recognition AI technology. It focuses on applying that and other technology in the restaurant drive-through setting, focused on well-known customers such as Del Taco, Checkers, Arby’s and in the sit-down setting such as Red Lobsters, Applebee’s, and Chili’s. The company foresaw the rise of AI and the value of data analytics in our rapidly advancing technological society and has benefited from early mover advantage. It was one of the relatively few technology companies able to successfully become public in 2022. Founded out of MIT in 2008, the company has grown out of its formerly scrappy roots and is now focused on expanding into all household restaurant chains, on the thousands of locations level.
Company product divisions include:
● Voice: Voice recognition AI that simulates conversational speech and takes food orders from consumers at the drive-through line, used by corporate customers’ staff to handle high volume traffic, improve order accuracy, order speed, with data analytics beneficial to the enterprise customer.
● Vision: Physical cameras equipped with computer vision that allow corporate customers to measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, facilitate the order experience for repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, tabletop hardware to make it easier for the corporate customer’s staff to handle orders and service restaurant guests via various solution types, such as pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated System Administrator to join our team. The System Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the company's computer systems, labs (managed through ESXi and AWS VMs), networks, and managed network solutions, ensuring their optimal performance, security, and availability. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical expertise in Windows and Linux environments, along with experience in managing networks, including Meraki and other similar solutions. Excellent problem-solving abilities and a customer-service orientation are essential for success in this role.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows and Linux servers, operating systems, and software applications for our various POS Integration, labs, and prod systems.
- Maintain the ESXi and AWS lab infrastructure.
- Work on templating and automation of lab virtualization.
- Monitor and optimize system performance in both Windows and Linux environments, ensuring high availability and reliability.
- Monitor Meraki network equipment in Presto production and lab environment, which also includes responsibilities of troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and network-related issues on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implement and manage managed network solutions, including Meraki and other similar systems, to ensure efficient and secure network operations.
- Perform system backups and recovery procedures in both Windows and Linux environments to safeguard data integrity.
- Collaborate with other IT staff to plan and execute system upgrades and enhancements in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Document system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps for Windows and Linux POS systems as well as integration configurations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users on system-related matters in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Assist in the procurement and deployment of new hardware and software in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role, with expertise in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux server environments.
- Proficiency in system administration tools and utilities for both Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience in managing networks, including knowledge of managed network solutions like Meraki and others.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience with network infrastructure (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls).
- Knowledge of storage systems and backup solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Have the ability to think outside the box, having creative solutions to complex problems, and work with team members by creating designs that drive team alignment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP), particularly when it comes to transitioning from VMWare to AWS and Vice Versa (or what we call a virtualization expert!)
- Scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python).
Presto (NASDAQ: PRST) has a compensation strategy that aims to reward high performers and retain them for the long term. Other benefits to U.S.-based employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program, and paid-time-off (PTO). To learn more, please visit: www.presto.com.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].