About the Company
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users' lives -- and their businesses -- better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users' time, so they can focus on what matters most -- their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups and SMBs to enterprises such as Microsoft, Pinterest, Bosch, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Estee Lauder. We have more than 18,000 customers and 12 million users globally.
Engineers at Emburse take pride in the quality of their craftsmanship. We bring our best to work knowing that the rest of the company depends upon our success to build momentum within an already fast-growing business. At the same time, we value work-life balance (with required minimum vacation) and set aside time for building team camaraderie. We have remote-first engineering teams that support a hybrid model of work if desired and convenient with in-office collaboration at several locations across North America and Europe.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to understand
- Managed customer problems, design solutions, and prioritise initiatives
- Author technical specifications for product changes and design software architecture
- Deliver quality software, which requires building features, resolving bugs, and scaling infrastructure
- Use test-driven development to write maintainable code with reusable components
- Improve infrastructure via a continuous focus on framework modernisation
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or have equivalent years' experience)
- 10+ years of software development experience, preferably with Lead position experience.
- Experience Designing and building JSON or REST services, experience working with 3rd party APIs, AWS APIs, Docker or other containers, large-scale or distributed web applications, Test Driven Development and functional testing.
- Familiarity with the full stack of web development and proven history of web application development
- Understanding of secure application programming practices or vulnerabilities
- Strong understanding and practical experience with common design patterns
- Ability to solve business problems through creative and forward-looking solutions
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
Our Tech Stack:
- You'll have an opportunity to work with a variety of technologies depending upon which team you join. Here's a broad overview of the technologies used at Emburse.
- Platform Services Team - Python + Django / Chalice (Serverless Microframework)
- Front-end Services Team - React / Redux
- Mobile Solutions Team - Swift for iOS / Java for Android
- Enterprise Solutions Team - Java + Spring Framework
- Expense Solutions Team - C# / VB.NET + .NET Framework / Azure
How We Hire
We value great candidate experiences and commit to providing a transparent interview process and responsive communication. Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short technical screening, after which interviews are scheduled with several engineers at Emburse. During the interview process, you'll have the opportunity to speak openly with engineers about their experiences working at the company. We're productive with decisions and usually complete the interview process with a candidate within two weeks.
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.