Carry1st is Africa's leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As a Unity Developer you will be responsible for developing game features, work in close collaboration with studio designers and artists to make our shared vision of the game a reality.
- Analyze and understand game development needs and feasibility to best serve the production team
- Develop game features in Unity according to Game Design Documents
- Develop internal Unity tools for Game Designers (i.e. level design, game variable changes)
- Understand and integrate 3rd party SDKs/API (i.e. Firebase, IronSource, Singular, etc.) also 1st party SDK for our payment platform
- Debug and optimize game performance to ensure smooth gameplay
- Contribute to the planning and estimation of development tasks, providing technical expertise and recommendations
- Collaborate with other engineers, artists, producers, product managers and designers
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in game development, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3+ years of experience of Game Development in Unity and C#
- Experience with VCS tools (i.e. Git)
- Passion for games and knowledge of the mobile gaming industry
- Self-motivation, problem solving, and ability to work in a distributed team environment
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will...
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks...
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!