Our craft reflects who we are
craftable software specializes in systems that require quality, reliability and scalability in a highly transactional environment. We rely on our craft and drive to solve these problems, while enjoying the journey. Our mission is to improve every system functionality task with passion, care, skill and experience, because we truly believe that quality requires craft. Our current list of customers, among others, includes: the biggest company in the food industry in the Iberian Peninsula the biggest cruise retailer in the United Kingdom a next generation cloud communication company in the United Kingdom the biggest property management systems in France, UK and a disruptive force in the world market.
Why you should pick us
Craft is in our name, our ability to turn software into a craft is our objective. Like a carpenter, we believe our Skill and Expertise capability increases with Challenge. We want you to grow and thrive based on the challenge that our customers bring and the expertise that we share as a team and that we constantly aim to bring into what we do. We love software development and we believe you should too! Concepts like Object Oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID Principles, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Agile Principles should be something you embrace. Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) and Functional programming is something that also helps us execute. Our expertise is driven by Innovation:
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deploy
- Cloud Services
- Search Engines
- Distributed Message Queuing
- Infrastructure as code
- Machine learning
We implement and develop on these concepts daily, which you will have a chance to work on. But we won't stop here, our constant growth drives our innovation and we are always looking for our next big challenge.We enjoy agile as a framework and we feel it is great to help us deliver valuable functionality. Be it with SCRUM and/or Kanban boards it has been helping us translating business needs into features with success.
Should I apply?
Yes, If you are a developer at heart, looking to improve and be challenged, comfortable with OOP (dotnet, java), just as much as for crafting software. We believe we are a great match.
Noteworthy experience with the following is necessary:
- 2+ years of experience with dotnet core framework
- Single Page Application Frameworks (e.g.: Angular or React+Redux) is a Plus
- SQL Engines (SQL Server or Postgres or Oracle)
- Document Based DB's
- Proficient in English and Portuguese both written and spoken
The good stuff
This role is based in either Porto or Aveiro, great cities in the Portuguese coast, perfect for outdoor activities, but above all both cities welcome everyone with arms wide open.
- We are a remote first company, but believe it's important to have the onboarding and frequent face to face interactions so the bonding happens.
- We offer extremely competitive salaries.
- Concrete career progression opportunities.
- In our offices we provide: brand new monitors, high spec computer, coffee, tea and fruit.
- Resharper/Intellij, Visual Studio Subscription are a few examples of the tools we offer when you join.
- We provide a Pluralsight subscription alongside training sessions both onsite and offsite.
- Flexible Working hours.
- Parties and gatherings throughout the year.