At FundamentalVR, we are always on the lookout for talented and experienced software engineers to join our team. While we don't have any open positions for Unity developers right now, we are more than happy to receive your application and keep it on file for any future opportunities.
As a software engineer at FundamentalVR, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, from VR product development to tools creation and work on our SDK, through to our Platform team, who focus on how our Unity clients communicate with our extensive suite of back-end services. You'll collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and artists to create realistic and immersive content that simulates what performing surgery is really like.
We pride ourselves on our open culture, where we learn from our failures as well as our successes. If you're passionate about software engineering and want to make a real difference in the world of surgical simulation, we encourage you to submit an application today. While we can't guarantee a position right away, we promise to review every application carefully and get back to you as soon as possible.
What we usually look for:
- Professional programming experience with Unity
- Excellent C# skills and Unity knowledge
- Published products developed with Unity
- Experience in cross-platform development with Unity (multiple target platforms from the same code base)
- Excellent architectural skills, experience in designing systems, interacting with a large-scale codebase
- For Senior to Principal positions, experience in management and leadership is essential
- Strong project management skills: requirements, risk analysis, estimation and release management
- Excellent cross-disciplinary collaboration and communication skills, pro-documentation approach
- Strong understanding of business needs
- Strong understanding of performance optimisation
- Experience as a line manager and mentoring other developers
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Excellent understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
- VR experience
- Experience with force/haptic feedback devices
- C++ experience
- Experience in implementing features with server communication in Unity
- Experience integrating AWS services in Unity
- Experience in working with 3rd party plugins, services and SDKs in Unity
- Experience in the development of Unity tools
- Experience with multi-player development
- Experience with multi-player development
Who you are:
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
- You see the bigger picture and are able to provide oversight and guidance
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You lead by example and inspire excellence in others by the way you approach your work
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You care deeply about your team, their working lives and their personal development
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failures, but rather learn and develop from them
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave
- Perks: Access to hundreds of vouchers and discounts
- 20 days of holidays per year + bank holidays + 3 days between Christmas and a new year + one extra day per year, up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Opportunity to participate in and become a key player in a fast-paced start-up environment with lots of exciting growth opportunities
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
Fundamental VR operates a hybrid working model - with a need to come into the office circa 4 days a month
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal-opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa, unfortunately, we're not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.